Recipe by Chef Michael Wurm
Tangerine Express-infused chocolate brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, candied bacon, butterscotch and strawberry sauce.
Yield: 4 Large Brownies
1 cup Bacon, cooked and chopped
¼ cup Unsalted butter
¼ cup Brown sugar
2 Tbs. Stone Tangerine Express IPA
1 tsp. Cinnamon
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the bacon and allow to crisp for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and Stone Tangerine Express.
- Allow to reduce until the majority of the mixture has been absorbed, or about 20 minutes. Make sure to stir the mixture often.
- Remove mixture from pan and spread evenly onto half sheet tray. Allow to cool for 1 hour, or until fully hardened.
- Using a chef’s knife, finely chop the candied bacon into smaller pieces.
Tangerine Express brownie:
1 cup Stone Tangerine Express IPA
2 oz. Unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
½ cup Unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ¼ cups Sugar
1 large Egg white
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
¼ tsp. Kosher salt
½ Cup All-purpose flour (Add ¼ cup more flour if brownies are too runny or for high altitude baking.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. This can also be done in the microwave in about 45 seconds, ensuring you remove and stir every 15 seconds.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together until blended.
- Grease or spray a 11″ by 7″ square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in oven, on center rack and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Puncture the center of the brownie with a toothpick. If it removes clean, with no batter stains, remove brownie. If still wet, bake for another 10 minutes then remove. Allow brownies to cool.
- Cut brownies into 4 equal pieces. (Yes, they will be large!)
1 Stone Tangerine Express IPA Brownie (See above recipe)
1 scoop Vanilla bean ice cream
1 tsp. Strawberry sauce
1 tsp. Butterscotch sauce
1 tbs. Candied bacon pieces (See above recipe)
- If the brownie is cool, place onto a serving plate and into the microwave for 45 seconds to get it nice and warm. Remove from microwave.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- In a zig zag motion, drizzle the butterscotch and strawberry sauces over the brownie and ice cream. Sprinkle with candied bacon.