Recipe by Chef Michael Wurm
Al dente fettuccine tossed in creamy Stone Ripper Alfredo Sauce with Tangerine Express grilled shrimp, shaved Parmesan and fresh herbs.
Yield: 4 servings
1 tbs. Paprika
¼ cup Olive oil
2 cups Stone Tangerine Express IPA
1 tsp. Kosher salt
½ tbs. Italian seasoning
½ tbs. Onion powder
1 tsp. Black pepper
¼ cup Fresh garlic, minced
16 each Medium sized shrimp, peeled, raw
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least two hours.
- Place shrimp on the grill. Allow each side to cook for three minutes, for a total of six minutes (or until cooked through). Set aside.
3 tbs. Unsalted butter
2 tbs. Fresh garlic, minced
⅔ cup Stone Ripper American Pale Ale
⅔ cup Heavy cream
2 tbs. Lemon juice
1 cup Parmesan-Romano cheese, shaved
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp. Pepper
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
½ tsp Onion Powder
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter add the garlic. Allow to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beer, cream, and lemon juice, bring to a slow rolling simmer. Slowly add the parmesan a little at a time. Allow cheese to melt prior to adding more.
- Add the salt, pepper and onion powder while allowing it to simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened and slightly reduced or about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2 lbs. Fettuccine
¼ cup Parmesan-Romano cheese, shaved
4 tsp Parsley, finely chopped
- Place salt in stock pot with water and bring to rapid boil.
- Place pasta in boiling water. Set timer to 10 minutes. Stir frequently with tongs. Check pasta to ensure it is al-dente, then drain into colander in sink.
- Add Alfredo sauce to mixing bowl followed by the cooked pasta, tossing to fully incorporate together.
- Divide the pasta into 8oz. even portions. Using tongs, twist one portion of the pasta into a round braid and place into the center of a serving bowl. Repeat for remaining 3 portions.
- Arrange the shrimp around the top of the pasta braid. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.